Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cutting your losses

R.I.P. cute green and white polka dot outfit.

We officially lost the first outfit today due to an explosion of massive proportions. I think that is pretty good at 6 months. We have a few white onesies with stains that I can see, but this was the first disaster.

I got the dirty clothes out of the plastic sack from daycare, lay them out on the sink to rinse, took a whif and thought, NOOOOO.

Also, I learned about the one drawback of the Medela Freestyle Pump today. If you forget it at home, it apparently doesn't work.

Grrr.

(Side note: I read a helpful hint about getting protein stains (formula / breastmilk) out of baby clothes - soak in Oxyclean and lay outside in the sunlight, especially for white clothes. Protein stains can apparently show up later - like after packing away baby clothes for the next baby. And, why do they even make white baby clothes?)

2 comments:

Bets said...

Oh no! The cute outfit that she wore when we were "twins"??? :( I guess it is JUST clothes and it's not that big of a deal ... could be worse!

Mo said...

After you wash poop covered clothes you can lay them in the sun and the stains disappear. I am doing cloth diapers and washing them myself. You just do a cold rinse cycle with no soap and then a hot/heavy/high load with about 1/2 the normal detargent. Should work for really poopy clothes. I'm only dealing with a six week old though so I have a lot to learn. Love your blog! (I'm friends with Carrie which is how I found your blog.)