Monday, June 14, 2010

If you're ambitious

We had a lot of fun with our monthly photos of Girly. It was especially great because she was born in December, so the month 1 photo was in January, just in time for the new calendar. In case you are wondering, I stole this idea from somewhere on the internets - feel free to steal it from me. The calendar is from Crate and Barrel.

I've recently started reading Young House Love. It's a great blog by a young couple who describe all kind of projects in renovating their house on a budget. Their newest project is a baby girl (!) and they had some fun projects today - find the details here.

This is a fun, homemade baby book that is customizable. (You can get the pdf's on their blog).

And here is their cute baby! I love this idea to keep track of her growth, but it requires: 1) photoshop skills, 2) 52 kinds of fabric, and 3) lots of clean white onesies.

I don't have any of those things, but you might?

I agree with them, though, that a photo book of just these 52 pictures would be really amazing.


By the by, I previously mentioned my plan for documenting Girly's first year. I did reasonably well with the monthly Blurb books, but just haven't quite gotten to November and December 2009. It has been on my to-do list for the last 6 months. Oh well, I think I'll get to it in 2010.

As an aside, how do you store your digital pictures? I upload them all to my laptop and periodically back-up to an external hard drive, but I am so fearful of losing them because I rarely print them or upload to an online site, like Snapfish. Parents magazine recently had an article about this and suggested an online service, like Mozy, Carbonite or Backblaze, that continuously runs software to back up your computer. Any of you use something like this?

No comments: