Monday, February 6, 2012

Oui, oui, maman

Did you see the article in the Wall Street Journal on French Parents? Apparently it's been making the rounds.

My husband suggested I read it, which I'll take as a .... compliment?

See for yourself: Why French Parents Are Superior

I thought it was pretty interesting. I would like to have more conviction in my voice, because lord knows we are battling over here. Daily. The problem I see, though, is that it isn't just one parent being stern and setting boundaries with their child (I strive for that, truly). It's that all parents are raised in that framework, and all the parents you surround yourself with are raising their children the same way. Big culture change.

Maybe the solution is to move to France?

1 comment:

distaff said...

Love this concept. And I see how many ways I failed on Saturday afternoon, which probably precipitated the meltdown.