Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Do you glow?

Do you know about The Glow?

I know I've heard about it before, and I've read about it several times in the last week or so via other blogs. I haven't explored it much, mostly because the description of "The Glow is a glimpse into the world of inspiring and fashionable moms" sounds like it might make me feel pretty bad about myself.

But ...

I read this quote from the most recent featured Mom, Christina Hutson, via Simple Lovely: “There are many things I wish I could do better as a mom. At this moment, I want to gain more patience and understanding that my children are just children. When they get a bit loud, or sneak that piece of candy, I can’t get too upset. I must learn to remember and teach myself that they are still only little creatures."

It seems pretty spot-on to me. Patience is the thing I lack the most and (try) to work the hardest on. I'm not a very cosmic-minded person (does that even make sense?), but I choose to see a lot of annoyances in my life as lessons in patience. Apparently I need a lot of those lessons.

Also, from my brief viewing of the pictures on The Glow, it inspires me (and hopefully you, too!) to have nice pictures of you taken with your child. If you are the primary photographer in your family, it is absolutely worth the money to have someone take pictures of you interacting with your children. You will treasure the pictures forever, and so will your children. And, if you happen to look like an "inspiring and fashionable" Mom, even better ....

1 comment:

Marie Hooker said...

I think I need to schedule a photo shoot with you around Callie's first bday! You are so right about this...I love the pictures you have taken of me with the kids because I have so few!