Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bottles

I am guessing that most people have very strong opinions about the bottles they use. There are so many choices out there and I tried to research what would be the best. I chose to go bpa-free because, well, why not?

The Adiri bottle seemed to be the latest and greatest. They are pretty pricey compared to other bottles. While the idea is interesting, I generally found them exasperating to use. Mine always leaked and it was a hassle to transfer milk from the Medela bottle that I pumped into to the Adiri bottle. When I searched online for opinions on these, people either loved or hated them. Checkmark hate.

I found that the Medela bottles work best for us. I can pump directly into them, eliminating a step. They are inexpensive, easy to read and easy to use. Medela now makes 8oz bottles, too, but they are only in glass and some daycares have a no-glass policy.

(fyi - Dr. Brown's, Evenflo and Green to Grow bottles also fit the Medela pump)

The Girl was never gassy, so we didn't try out the Dr. Brown's due to all the parts, but I know lots of people like them.

No comments: